The Bielersee is one of our hidden gems, the vineyard path runs through a beautiful landscape, between Twann and the heights of Ligerz. Along the way, on a clear day, you will enjoy a stunning view of the Bernese Alps. The dominant grapes in this region are Chasselas and Pinot Noir and you will find a couple of places to taste them along the way.
- Situation: 7 minutes by train from Biel or 20 minutes by train from Neuchâtel
- Start: Twann train station or by boat at Twann pier
- Distance: 2.6 km
- Duration: 50 minutes (non stop)
- Difference in levels: 105 meters upwards and 103 meters downwards
- Difficulty: easy walk
- End: Ligerz train station
- You can also take the boat on Lake Biel at Ligerz pier.
Points of interest
- Ligerz: Musée de la Vigne “Le Fornel”
Wine store and tasting places
- Twann: Vinothek Viniterra
Hotels and B&B
- Twann: Hotel Fontana
*The list is not exhaustive