World-class wines are made in Thurgau. As you walk discover a superb landscape in a region located between Zurich and the Bodensee. From the path above the vineyards you will enjoy a fabulous view over the Alps on a clear day while walking next to the vineyards that produce renowned Pinot Noirs. The Bachtobel castle alone is worth the trail.
- Location: 1 hour by train North East from Zurich
- Start: Weinfelden train station (main line)
- Distance: 6.7 Km
- Duration: 2 hours (non stop)
- Difference in levels: 160 meters upwards and 170 meters downwards
- Difficulty: easy walking
- End: Ottoberg-Märstetten train station (local train)
Points of interests
- The Bachtobel castle
Hotels and B&B
- Weinfelden: Gasthof Eisenbahn
*The list is non exhaustive.